How To Grow Your Fitness Business in 2020 - Part 2
Pillar 2 — Sales or “How to get paid 🤑”
To have a successful business this is a pretty important one right? 😅 Here are 5 tips that we’ve learned over the past year on how to sell like Jordan Belfort! 🐺
1. Build a sales funnel
The first way to quickly grow your business is by building a sales funnel. If you don’t have a sales funnel, you’re making a monumental mistake. Sales funnels help automate your business and help you grow quickly and easily. Sure, there’s some front-end work involved, but once those processes are in place, it’s smooth sailing from there on in.
We’ve listed a couple of things below that we use at LEGIT FIT as part of our sales funnel, and also explained how they help:
- What does it do? Linktree allows us to share multiple lead-capturing opportunities in the one link.
- Click here to see an example
- How does it work? On social, for instance, someone might click on a post we share about one–to–one demos and might be interested. However, not everyone can commit to something as direct as that; but maybe after clicking the link, they’ll also see our events that we run and want to attend one of those instead. We’re essentially trying to provide people with as many opportunities as possible to engage with us, all with the goal of helping them (or selling to them) someday.
- What does it do? Mailchimp allows you to gather leads through lead pages and/or through e.g. eBook registrations. This is an amazing application to build on your email marketing strategy.
- Click here to see one of ours.
- How does it work? If you watch the tutorials above you’ll see just how good Mailchimp is. Let’s say you want to run a special offer or eBook campaign. Mailchimp allows you to create a simple website that people can then visit and get value from. The value that you must obtain from these visitors then is to gather their email addresses and/or contact information.
- Mailchimp should also be used for remarketing. Email past (or lost) customers with monthly updates and you might just regain that business! Make sure your CTA’s are good!
- What does it do? Eventbrite allows you to set up and run events — be those online or in-person.
- How does it work? You set up free events and get leads in the door. You also gather emails for future events and to build your mailing list even further on Mailchimp.
- What does it do? Intercom allows you to talk directly to visitors on your website.
- How does it work? People want two things: Instant answers and to talk to a human (not someone’s email). Intercom allows you to chat with potential customers on your website when they are a ‘hot lead’. Facebook also has a messenger API for websites that’s quite good... so check that out too!
- Check out our intercom — legitfit.ie
- A pretty obvious way to get leads and I went through this already in the last blog… but again, if you haven’t watched already check out Kevin David and he’ll show you how to get loads of Facebook leads and more
- We also have an event this week for Facebook ads
- What does it do? It allows you to gather leads offline
- How does it work? Credit to Shane from Saor Consultancy for this one. Basically, you buy 10 nicely made boxes and put your branding on them. You then place those 10 boxes in 10 places in your locality e.g. coffee houses, shops, etc. with the words “Enter to win 3 months Free Membership” on each box. You leave small cards with “Name” “Number” and “Email” next to the boxes and you get loads of leads for the price of a few months membership — genius! Thanks Shane
2. Automate the sales that can be automated (shameless plug…)
Remember Automation is King 👑
We still see a lot of professionals in the industry selling a month’s membership every month to their returning client-base… what a waste of time! Manually acquiring and tracking payments is hard and no one wants to do it. It gets too cumbersome as the business grows, and if you want to scale quickly, just use a customer management system that automates the whole thing. There are plenty to choose from, and we’re pretty sound here at LEGIT FIT 😉 — but it really depends on your business: it’s needs, the size, your budget, etc.
We suggest you have a chat with us anyway — if we can’t help your business, we’ll direct you to the best option for your specific business needs! BOOK A CHAT WITH US HERE
The most important point to take away here is: stop selling to customers you know are going to be with you next month. Put them on a recurring payment and spend more time actually coaching them (which is great for them) and/or selling to new prospects (which is great for you 😉)!!!
3. Understand the sales process
- This is key. If you don’t understand this, again… you’re wasting your time.
- Find out: the ideal customer journey — from top of the funnel to purchasing (mapping it out helps!)
- Learn about: SPIN Selling and DISC profiling to improve your selling
- Practice: What you learn when applying the above and then repeating what works — #NailItThenScaleIt
4. Create a customer loyalty programme
- Loyalty programmes are a great way to increase sales. It costs up to three times more money to acquire new customers than it does to sell something to an existing customer. Other resources pin this number anywhere from four to 10 times more. Keep your customers coming back and focus on them as much as you try to get new ones in. Remember how powerful word-of-mouth is also.. and we guarantee you that the word will spread if you create this loyal group of “brand ambassadors”!
- Look into a referral marketing scheme also. It doesn’t have to be too complex to set up or run. We gave our customers a discount code to refer people on and set up a simple survey link to share. With every referral, they received a free month, and so did their referee.
5. Identify new opportunities.
Analyze new opportunities in your business by understanding your demographic and market better. Understand everything from distribution channels to your direct competitors and even analyze foreign markets and other potential industries (online is an option also you know!).
That’s it for this week. Do you have any of your own sales tips for us?
To check out more about what we do at LEGIT FIT click here!
For a demo click here!